We're all good at binging Netflix, but that's not Active Relaxation.
We love this term so much. You mean you can actively relax?
Yes! Put the phone down. Active Relaxation will help you in every way you can dream of.
We now know that stress causes inflammation in the body and inflammation is the main cause of chronic and serious diseases like cancer. Not worried about that? Stress can show on your face and make you look older. Yep, de-stress and watch your face change.
What is Active Relaxation?
It's any form of movement that helps you relax. Some forms of active relaxation can be:
- A walk
- Stretching for at least 10 minutes
- Breathing exercises
- Doing a puzzle/word game/colouring in
- Imagery and sensation techniques (eg. picturing the ocean or actually looking at it, imagining sand between your toes - if you like that feeling!)
- Giving yourself a face massage with beautiful natural face oils (like Vibrant Skin face oil!) and gua sha or face roller (shop these here).
Who should practice Active Relaxation?
Um, all of us. That includes you, reading this. Go on, put the phone down and do a 5 minute breathing exercise right now:
- Sit comfortably and put your hands over your stomach.
- Breathe deeply through your nose, hold for two.
- Breathe out through your nose, hold for two.
- Notice your stomach go out with each inhale, and go down with each exhale.
- Sit for 1 minute at first, breathing like this. Build up to 5 minutes.
Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom actively relaxing