I think these are healthy. Kind of. I mean, there's cream cheese in them but barely any sugar which really, is the bad stuff.
Plus they TASTE EXACTLY LIKE LEMON CHEESECAKE!!!
Which, if you're a cheesecake freak like moi is hard to go past.
They're so easy to make. I've adapted this recipe from Wholefood Simply and I stocked up on cream cheese at the supermarket when everyone else was stocking up on toilet paper because I knew these would make me happy. Here's what you need.
- 2 cups desiccated coconut (200 grams ) + 1/2 cup desiccated coconut for rolling in
- 250 grams full fat cream cheese, chopped
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 2 rounded tablespoons honey (70 grams): NOTE: Taste the mixture and add more honey if you need to, I do it to taste.
- Place the 2 cups of coconut, cream cheese, lemon and honey into your processor and blend until the mixture is well combined (taste once blended, you may need more honey).
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into balls.
- Roll the balls through the extra coconut to coat.
- Place the balls in the fridge to set for 2 - 3 hours.
- Eat while Netflix binging. You're welcome.