There are many different kinds of algae, and as a skincare ingredient, La Mer was the first to recognise its potential. Years later, we are discovering more and more different kinds of algae (or sea greens as we like to call them), and can now much more easily access various algae for use in our skin care products.
Because we are RECREATION BONDI BEACH, we have a sea greens element in every one of our skin products.
Here are just some of the benefits of our special algae blend you'll find in our body + hair oil serums and the extra potent algae blend in our soon-to-be-launched new product.
- Some algae sits close to the surface of the water therefore has developed protective properties to UV rays, so this ingredient actually helps protect skin from the sun.
- It decreases redness in the skin, calming skin irritation and is an anti-inflammatory.
- It has anti-photoaging properties, which means it protects the DNA after sun exposure.
- Stimulates skin cell renewal for fresher, younger looking skin.
- Helps prevent collagen degradation.
- Acts as a hydrolipidic barrier reinforcement with - ceramide II synthesis
- Stimulates GAG production (essential skin enzymes)
- Rich in b-carotene and Haematococcus pluvialis (chiefly rich in astaxantin), bringing additional protective capacity.
- Reinforce the skin’ defence mechanisms by regulating various genes involved in the oxidative stress, DNA repair, the antimicrobial defence and the reinforcement of the barrier function.
- Protects against blue light exposure which can cause inflammation and accelerate aging.
You can see why sea greens are a MUST in our skin care products and especially in our super fabulous, amazing new product we are about to launch. Not long to go now.
Photo: @haileybieber instagram